Pre-Cast

In March 2013, Gabungan AQRS Bhd through its subsidiary, Sinajasa Sdn. Bhd. tied up with the Sabah Economic Development Corp (Sedco) by the subscription of 49% stake or 2.94 million shares in the latter's subsidiary, Associated Concrete Products (Sabah) Sdn Bhd (SPSB), for some RM3.5mil. Sedco holds the remaining 3.06 million shares or 51% of the company. After this exercise is completed, SPSB will be renamed as SEDCO PRECAST SDN. BHD. (“SPSB”).

SEDCO PRECAST involved in the manufacturing and dealing of precast concrete products. The company had articulated its vision to identify strategic partners in the precast concrete segment to enable its expansion in the construction sector of Sabah and Sarawak.

In line with the Group’s mission, SEDCO PRECAST plans to become the premier precast concrete provider in Sabah & Sarawak. This means always having the best and most efficient facilities, processes, and people. To achieve this, SEDCO PRECAST is investing in many ways that will pay off in competitive advantages for its customers.

The company's overall strategy will be based on a continuing improvement process of setting objectives, measuring results, innovative and providing feedback to facilitate further growth and progress.

Nature of Business

SEDCO PRECAST manufactures and sells pre-cast concrete products e.g. Pre-Stressed Concrete, Reinforced Concrete Piles, Pipes, Box Culverts, L–Shapes and others for infra-structural and foundation projects in Sabah and federal Territory of Labuan. The estimated production capacity is 40,000 MT per year. Generally, the range of products of SPSB are classified into four major groups as follows:-

2.8.1 Drainage

  • Box Culverts
  • Giant Segmental Box Culverts
  • U-Drain
  • L-Shape Unit
  • Large Diameter Pipes

2.8.2 Building

  • Precast Columns
  • Precast Beams
  • Half slabs
  • Precast Wall Panels
  • Precast Staircase
  • Precast Stadium Bleachers

2.8.3 Crossings

  • Rivo Arch*
  • Prestressed Concrete Beams*

2.8.4 Environmental

  • Retaining Wall*
  • Riverbank Protection*

2.8.5 Geotechnical

  • Reinforced Concrete Square Piles
  • Concrete Square Piles*

2.11 Sirim & CIDB Certification

SEDCO PRECAST received its Product Certification from SIRIM on 21st of November 2002. The company was the first in Sabah to receive the product certification for concrete piles.

Subsequently, SPSB received the MS ISO 9002 Quality Management System on 14th of March 2003. It was upgraded to MS ISO 9001: 2000 in the following year and later to MS ISO 9001:2008 as per requirement.

As part of pre requisite for IBS manufacturer in supplying to government projects, SPSB also obtained the CIDB certification as an IBS status manufacturer on 21st October 2014.

2.12 Project reference (IBS Components)
pre-cast-table.jpg

precast-1.jpg
precast-2.jpg

 

precast-3.jpg
precast-4.jpg