WE REMAIN COMMITTED TO MINIMISE OUR CARBON FOOTPRINT
AND ADDRESSING CLIMATE CHANGE
GBG remains cognisant of managing its environmental footprint, specifically monitoring its impact in terms of contribution to climate change, greenhouse gas emissions, consumption of energy and water, environmental and noise pollution and waste recycling management. These are the Group's pertinent environmental material topics based on its business operations of infrastructure development and property development. However, beyond monitoring its performance, GBG is also constantly string to mitigate its environmental impacts.
GBG OVERALL MANAGEMENT APPROACH TO ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT:
GBG's approach to managing environmental impact is based on the following:
- Environmental Management Plan (EMP), which sets out standard operating procedures (“SOP”) for every project site.
- Erosion and Sedimentation Control Plan (ESCP) for all project sites.
- All project sites must comply with regulations as stipulated by the Department of Environment (“DOE”), local municipal; councils and other authorities for air, water and noise as well as sewage.
We have adopted the following measures to manage our emissions in compliance with the ISO 14001 : 2015 standard:
- Using more environmentally friendly diesel such as biodiesel for gensets and machinery
- Reducing use of diesel-powered company vehicles
- Adopting renewable energy alternatives to reduce reliance on electricity from the national grid.
- Implementing compact sub-stations to provide permanent power supply to site operations and site offices. This significantly reduced CO2 emissions and noise pollution